Kontrollrummet

pxm - "Only Blues Basic´s"

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad pxm

• Strängsnubblare.
  • Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 3 166
  • Jag har målat av min Jazzmaster !!
    • Visa profil
    • johanpaxom
Min stallhumbucker brusar och så är det två klipp i rythmgitarrens fil....
I övrigt är leadgitarren ganska stolpigt spelad men det är så gott jag förmår
just nu. Skakar i plektrumhanden, Parkinsons, och här försöker jag slappna av....
Därför blev det en vanlig blues.....Jag måste lära mig hantera skakningarna....

Broken Chords, Lockwood, dubbelstopps, inner logic of the Mixolydian scale, 9-ackord,
extended bluesscale, blues, durblues, dim och heltonsskala, Blues bass chliche´s
och rythmgitarren spelar Boogie Woogie 1......Det borde låta bra och flyta på
men, som sagt, det är det här är det bästa jag kan just nu.....
Skall till doktorn i juni, behöver en remiss till neurologen.....

Någon som har några råd eller någon som vill spela in mina ideer om jag
PM;ar bmp, ackord och skalor ?????? Jag vill ju så gärna höra hur det jag studerar
f t och ideerna jag får låter i praktiken..

mvh
« Senast ändrad: 28.05.2014, 21:10:29 by pxm »
"French Rock is like english wine" (John Lennon)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JazzTheoryForum/

Utloggad pxm

• Strängsnubblare.
  • Legend
    • Visa profil
    • johanpaxom
Only Blues Basic´s var menad som ett komplement till mitt svar i en tråd på ett bluesforum ang. soloteknik
och strategier...
Tanken är att skriva om det till en lesson på intermediate nivå...
Som ni förstår kan jag inte spela in det just nu, därför får det lov att komma en till Only Blues basic´s
när jag fått hjälp med denna jävla Parkinsons....
Så här ser trådsvaret av mig ut som jag skall skriva min lesson ifrån, synpunkkter och råd är välkomna:

This is a very good & interesting thread !!!

Im no guitarhero  but Im very into improvising & soloing whit my guitar........So I´ll try to print down for you ,this, my advices for soloing strategies. Really-they are basics but I think they work out really good. Here´s my two cents;

Be an player that allways has the ear and attention of the public. Make yourself intresting for them, surprice them whit some varios guitarplaying. But keep the rules and stick to play whit the hamonies, structure and shape of the blues the band are playing. Feel the Blues and know the Bluestunes harmonies (chord progressions) well. Dont be afriad to use cliche´s. If your breakin to many rules and dont play cliches you dont play the blues no more-then your playin some strange avant-garde jazz to a background of bluesmusic (if your lucky). Keep the rules and keep your own personality and orginality at the same time. Then, if you sometime should break a rule-it will be heard and understood...But if you do it all the time its only going to be hard and strange to listen to your music.

Heres a few tricks & tips I try to have in my trickbag for almost every solo. Not every time, not all of it at the same time in the same blues - but almost. (Depending on the Bluestunes feeling).

First-this is a real smooth trick you have to learn. Its a MUST to have in your "Jacky´s Bag of Trick" as a leadguitarist in a Bluesband;

Changing between the Mixolydian scales using "the inner logic of the Mixolydian scale" (A Berklee Uni. term.)
You change the scales this way;

(ex. in G)

G mix: G A B C D E F G
C mix:G A Bb C D E F G
D mix: G A B C D E F# G

Now you can hold your left hand in one position all the time while you changin between the scales.

You also need to be able to play some Bluesy Arpeggios - thats the 1,4 & 7 note of the chord......The Upper Arpegggios (7,9,11 & 13) can also be used in Blues but NOT , never ever the ordinary 1,3 & 5 arpeggio !!!! Broken Chords (played 1,6 & 5 of a Bluesseventh chord / dom7 chord) is also a real and true Blues cliche´.

A sologuitarplayer also need to know all the modes of the Bluesscale;

Mode 1:    1    b3    4 b5    5    b7
Mode 2:    1    2    b3 3    5    6
Mode 3:    1    b2    2 4    5    b7
Mode 4:    1    b3    4    #5    b7 7
Mode 5:    1    2    4    5    6 b7

The Extended Bluesscale (the Mixolydian scale mixed whit the Aeolian scale and the "Blue Note") often used by Jimi Hendrix and in Progressive Blues (a genre created by Jonny Winter 1968);

1 2 b3 3 4 b5 5 6 b7 7

Then - heres some tips;

But dont allways use the Blues scale or the Mixolydian. Throw in some licks and phrases played in Melodic Minor, Diminished and the Whole tone scale too. Thats sounds great in Blues among bluescliche´s like Broken Chords, doublestops and please-do some Loockwood playin on top of the compingchords between your soloing phrases...

Throw in some ornaments of chromatic passing tones when phrasing (use the technique called Targetting connecting chord notes whit cromatic patterns played whit slide) in a scale-and use lots of octave notes while playin the Blues solo....

Larry Carlton sometimes play the Ionian scale over "Bluessevents chord" (dom7 chord). Kind of unique but it works out just fine and real bluesy..... sometimes hes mixing the Ionan scale whit the Blues scale.....

(If you are a JazzCat;
Use the Dorian scale when playin JazzBlues. Remember that Swing (in the pocket) solos and melodies starts on upbeat-the 2;nd beat or the 4;rd beat of a bar. The Melodic minor scale are also an common scale in Jazzblues and it sounds great..)

Play around whit different rythms. For ex; if the drums and the bass is playin 4/4 you can play soloingprhrases i the rythm of "The Bo Diddleys Beat" (Thats a form of "son clave");

One e and ah, two e and ah, three e and ah, four e and ah.

Start your bluessolophrasing on the 4;th beat in a bar and end it on a 2:nd beat. Leave the two next beats before the next bar free. Thats kind of a cliche´ and spaceing in Blues. Its a nice trick to step into a phrase from one semitone above or two semitones below.

Allways land your soloing phrase or on a chordtone (1,3,5 or 7) otherwise it will sound like the soloingphrase shall cointinue. To long phrases are hard to listen to and will leave no space in the music.

Some times , often in the last bar of the turnaround, you wanna create more dynamic and tension. A simplier way, rather than use the Super Locrian scale (the Altered scale) (you never do that in Blues) is to move the Minor Pentatonic scale two semitones below the dominant chords root and you have all the 4 the altered (outside) tones right there. Thats a Bluesy way to do it !!!!! The trick, the technique, of playin outside (the House) are known as Sidesteppin or Sideslippin.

I hope this tricks & these tips will help your improvising/soloing skills a little bit further....

So Happy New Year to all ya BluesDogs & take some soloing breaks, let it be space in the music - play the bassline instead togheter whit the bassguitarplayer some little time now and then !!!! Learn some, a few basic, Bluesbasslines to improve your Bluesguitarchops.

mvh
« Senast ändrad: 28.05.2014, 22:24:36 by pxm »

Utloggad zorrow

• List-etta
    • Antal inlägg: 977
  • Livet är för kort för att inte göra det man gillar
    • Visa profil
Hej pxm, jag har tagit några gitarrlektioner men är tyvärr rätt dålig på harmonier som det här verkar handla om... Men om du vill är du välkommen att pm:a mig så kan jag hjälpa till med det som jag kan hjälpa till med. Vi hörs om du vill?  :D

Utloggad pxm

• Strängsnubblare.
  • Legend
    • Visa profil
    • johanpaxom
Tack, zorrow !!!
Jag hör av mig i helgen.... :)

mvh