Kontrollrummet

Pandora & avgifter...

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad Hellpig

• Häxmästare
  • Idol
    • Antal inlägg: 1 295
  • Rock and roll over
    • Visa profil
    • Have Guitar!
Jag fick nedanstående mail från Pandora... kan inte låta bli att fundera, varför skulle Internetradio inte betala avgifter som en vanlig radiostation? Att de inte tjänar lika mycket pengar som en vanlig station håller ju knappast. Eller så är det något i nedanstående som jag inte känner till.

Citera
Hi, it's Tim one more time...

Disaster looms! Yesterday a federal court denied a plea to delay the massive increase in rates webcasters must pay the record labels. This means that, absent immediate Congressional action, the new ruinous royalty rates will be going into effect on Monday threatening the future of all internet radio. 
This is a very dire situation and I'm writing to ask one more time for your support. The effort you've made over the past four months has been extraordinary and has forced the rapid introduction of the bill, but the committee process has been sluggish and we need to once again remind the representatives of the urgency of this issue. This is perhaps the most important phone call you can make for us.

Please call your Congressional representatives in the Senate and ask them to force immediate action on the Internet Radio Equality Act and bring the bill to a vote. It is critical that their phones begin ringing off the hook starting early in the morning. If it's busy, please try again later.

Congressperson Carolyn B. Maloney: (202)225-7944

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton: (202) 224-4451
Senator Charles E. Schumer: (202) 224-6542

I'm sorry that we have to keep asking you for this - but it's our only recourse. We are no match for the legal and legislative strength of the RIAA and we need your help. 
Thank you again.

Gratefully,
tim_signature.jpg
-Tim Westergren
(Pandora founder)

Utloggad Mikke

• Anti RIAA
  • List-etta
    • Antal inlägg: 669
  • Mac e kul!
    • Visa profil
    • Midnight music
Det här är väl en diskussion som touchar fildelningsdebatten. Groteskt på vilket sätt som industrin försöker få folk att böja knä inför dem. Är det så konstigt att gemene man skiter i lagarna och tankar ner? Ingen dialog = Ingen respekt.

/ Mikke

Utloggad Hellpig

• Häxmästare
  • Idol
    • Antal inlägg: 1 295
  • Rock and roll over
    • Visa profil
    • Have Guitar!
Tja, min tanke är ... varför i helvete skulle de få spela musik utan att betala något till artisterna? Det ser inte jag. Anledningen alltså. "-Vi vill starta radio och spela kommersiell musik. -Ja, det går bra men det kostar X kr i avgift till artisterna per spelad låt. -Nä, det vill vi inte betala. -Då får ni spela ickekommersiell musik. -Gnäll."  :D