Kontrollrummet

MaxB - Access To The Timeportal (även en Karaoke-video)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Antal inlägg: 16 855
    • Visa profil
    • http://elvshand.shivas.se
  • Soundcloud: gitarr
LÅTNAMN:             Timeportal
ARTIST/GRUPP:      MaxB
GENRE:                 Pop
LÅTLÄNGD:            4.57
KOMPOSITÖR:        Music: MaxB Text: nedskriven på en servett en lunch av en gammal KR-kollega (Jay Thomas) och ändrad av mig här och där.
PRODUCENT:          MaxB
EV. MEDVERKANDE: Matteman på bas, Perowitch på trummor (är jag ganska säker på).
INSPELNINGSÅR:
FORMAT: mp3

Här är en låt jag gjorde vintern 2012 där jag fick text av Jay Thomas som efter små ändringar och omdispositioneringar passar perfekt. Matteman och Perowitch hörs på bas respektive trummor.
http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_AccessToTimeportal_20120220.mp3
[mp3=200,20,0,left]http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_AccessToTimeportal_20120220.mp3[/mp3]

Utan sång:
[mp3=200,20,0,left]http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_AccessToTimeportal_20120220_NoSongNorChoir.mp3[/mp3]
- Lyrics:

Timeportal
- Verse 1:
You want access to the time portal
Evidently you want to be immortal
Whatever you'll always claim
We still guess that is your aim

- Chorus:
Trusted future, trusted past
We already know that it won't last

- Verse 2:
While this is a strong belief
It will at the end become a relief
When time is coming to an end
It won't matter the time you spend

- Chorus:

- Verse 3:
When time is coming to an end
It won't matter the time you spend
Knowing that all the pain
Wasn't all in vain

- Chorus:

- End of the song:

It won't last - it won't last

« Senast ändrad: 07.08.2016, 11:17:56 by MaxB »
Jag lever i dået nu och är ingen kändis. Det är min Mini-Magitron - på Google

Utloggad Gurano

• Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 5 190
    • Visa profil
Yes!
its a nice song!
good playing and singing - soft and relaxed!

I think that the piano/B4(?) is a bit to loud compared to the rest of the music. And the drums are, at least for me, a little too inboxed (just a matter of taste I think)
Seeing forward to hear the final mixed song

/Gurano
Kör hårt - så länge det ryker!

Utloggad Harmonica mike

• The one and only
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 5 469
  • Frequency listening poet
    • Visa profil
Wow..

A magic moment.Really loved this one,excellent voice expression here Julianna..So soft and - magic.

Great work here Max,I guess there will be more in this one.I´m lookin´forward to that.Be careful though, do not over do it.I hope this magic and fragile feeling will be the main theme..A soft guitarr added will do the trick I think.

Mike

Utloggad Eddi

• Elvis
    • Antal inlägg: 13 247
    • Visa profil
    • WideWorld & Friends
Very nice - I think there will be other versions too at least a smooth guitarr is necesary :)

Strävar framåt men blickar bakåt för säkerhets skull
: Min nya homezite http://www.wideworld.se

Jay Thomas

• Gäst
Very nice song, very nice and smoothly sung by Julianna! :)

I really appreciate the laid back approach to this.
A couple of things on my wishlist though, in the intro I'd like to here some kind of "sparkling" sound, the Piano could be more "umphy" and last but not the least, I think a nice guitarsolo with the adequate amount of reverb could add some more feeling to the tune.

And thank you very much for wanting to use my "sushi lyrics"! :)  :wub:

Utloggad Asti

• Superior Drummel
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 6 631
  • Vart tog den där ölen vägen..?
    • Visa profil
  • Soundcloud: asti-cpg
Nice, laidback song! Great singing by Julianna.
I think the voice should be a little stronger and the piano somewhat lower in volume.
Some backup vocals in the refrain would emphasize this part and just like previous
comments I would like a smooth electric guitar. Perhaps you should ask Wernborg....?
Great colab!
/Asti acting smart guy
Bättre en gitarr i handen än en infektion i foten

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
I think the voice should be a little stronger and the piano somewhat lower in volume.
Some backup vocals in the refrain would emphasize this part and just like previous
comments I would like a smooth electric guitar. Perhaps you should ask Wernborg....?
Great colab!
/Asti acting smart guy

Thanks for all comments an nice ideas everyone. For sure there will be a lot more gentle treatments on this track.
Some bridge in the middle and a choir-part that I hear in my head.

Piano louder - got it  ;) (kidding)
No Wernborg on guitar - me do all the guitars  :D
« Senast ändrad: 31.01.2012, 12:19:35 by MaxB »

Utloggad Asti

• Superior Drummel
  • Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
Great colab!
/Asti acting smart guy

Thanks for all comments an nice ideas everyone. For sure there will be a lot more gentle treatments on this track.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you!
It was just a thought I would consider myself in the same situation!
/Asti acting public offender

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Great colab!
/Asti acting smart guy

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you!
It was just a thought I would consider myself in the same situation!
/Asti acting public offender

To continue the kidding -  I'm deeply offended! I am THE guitarrplayer!  :D

Jay Thomas

• Gäst
OK boys, let's calm down and sing "We shall overcome"! :)

Especially when I'm in fact the guitar player!  :ph34r:

Utloggad Asti

• Superior Drummel
  • Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
OK boys, let's calm down and sing "We shall overcome"! :)

Especially when I'm in fact the guitar player!  :ph34r:

:D

/Asti acting smiley

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Hoppas arbeta vidare med låten ikväll efter biltvätt (-10 grader ute!)  :blink:
« Senast ändrad: 31.01.2012, 22:23:27 by MaxB »

Utloggad pxm

• Strängsnubblare.
  • Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 3 166
  • Jag har målat av min Jazzmaster !!
    • Visa profil
    • johanpaxom
varför engelska ????
är inte så bra på det-

but I really like this song
"French Rock is like english wine" (John Lennon)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JazzTheoryForum/

Utloggad Dividend

• Elvis
    • Antal inlägg: 10 256
  • Den som noterar musik, använder inte gitarr!
    • Visa profil
Är inte heller så bra på engelska.

Men jag kan ju uttrycka vad jag tycker om den här låten på kinesiska istället! :)

Ja det låter bra och det gör även detta:

Tai hao la!

(太好)
« Senast ändrad: 31.01.2012, 21:17:48 by Dividend »
https://soundcloud.com/user7789882

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
varför engelska ????
är inte så bra på det-
but I really like this song

Thanks. The thought behind, or the reason why I express myself in english, is that it is easier for Julianna to understand. She is the singer and in a sense the main attraction (so to speak) in this track. That's why I started express myself in english and I guess that's why others continue, the same way.

Är inte heller så bra på engelska. Men jag kan ju uttrycka vad jag tycker om den här låten på kinesiska istället! :) Ja det låter bra och det gör även detta:
Tai hao la!

Tai hao la!
Sounds good, in a sense.

Have replaced Am with Em in the second part of the second and third chorus and extended the first half of verse three with no song. Here something else will happen.
[mp3=200,20,0,left]http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_AccessToTimeportal_20120131_Julianna.mp3[/mp3]
« Senast ändrad: 31.01.2012, 23:41:48 by MaxB »

Utloggad Eddi

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
    • WideWorld & Friends
Bättre volym på pianot nu men ibland låter det som om pianisten inte riktigt vet vad som ska komma så det blir nåt felsteg vid några övergångar. Jag antar att du skiftat Em Am vid 145 och 209 men sången har inte gjort det så det låter lite konstigt.

För Julis del lägger jag in google translate på en gång.

For Julis part do I add google translate at once.

Better volume on the piano now, but sometimes it sounds as if the pianist does not really know what to get, so it becomes something misstep at some crossings. I guess you changed Em Am at 145 and 209 but the song did not make it so it sounds a little weird.

Very nice choir parts.

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
yah, I might ask Matteman who also is a keyboardist to to the pianoplaying in this track, later on, but for now I do the playing to find more ideas. That's right, you reckoned where the chords are changed and yes the songmelody should change as well as the choir (that I muted here). And I still want something more that will change the mood in the track somewhere.
Still thinking about what you and Matteman did with the piano at your home recently; You said C# at a stage and Matteman followed with an even more weird chord. That might fit somewhere...

Utloggad egghuvud

• eggsalterande
  • Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 2 793
    • Visa profil
Hmmm hamnade verkligen i bryderi när jag lyssnade på detta. Jag gillar verkligen harmonierna och låten, men jag kommer inte alls överens med arrangemanget och instrumenteringen. Tycker att orgelljudet är coolt men det blir alldeles för mycket toner så att man nästan tappar bort sångmelodin. Trummorna är lite oinsiprerade och ljudet är trist. Sången känns lite country och det krockar med själva kompet på något sätt. Själv skulle jag nog arrat det lite mer country med gitarr, orgeln längre bak och kanske dubbal tempot. FAst samtidigt så förlorar man ju den där känslan av lofi som ändå är sådär tilltalande på något sätt. Svårt. Trummorna behöver iallfall fixas till i mina öron.

In english
Hmmm actually ended up in a bit baffeld when I listened to this. I really like the harmonies and the song, but im having problems with the arrangement and instrumentation. I think the organ sound is coo ,but it plays so many notes that you almost lose the vocal melody. The drums are a bit uninspired and the sound is a bit dull. The song feels a little country and the clashes with the music. I would probably arrange it a little more country music with guitar, the organ further back and maybe dubble the pace. At the same time,  you lose that feeling of lofi which is still appealing some how. Difficult. The drums needs to be fixed in my ears. Great vocals as usual.

eggs
 :)

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 6 390
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
Nice to "see" you here again Julianna and great joy to hear your magnificent voice. Lovely melody and harmonies which give me some vibes of Dylan's I shall be released. Like the arragement, perhaps the Wurlitzer should be more restrained since it take some focus from the vocal. Improvised parts could be spared to a solo part. Nevertheless nice co-lab and a great song. Congrats!

'There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money either.' Robert Graves

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Had a computercrash yesterday. The laptop I've been using broke down when I (in a very frustrated mode) smashed it at the tabletop.  :ph34r: I had to redo everything on another computer and this is what I had tonight, when I fell asleep (over the computer).
[mp3=200,20,0,left]http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_Julianna_AccessToTimePortal_20120201.mp3[/mp3]

Do anyone (except me) think it will work - me singing in this way or another way together with Julianna?
The reason behind why I sing, is that I have a melody-idea, that slightly differs from the melody Julianna sung.

Hmmm actually ended up in a bit baffeld when I listened to this. I really like the harmonies and the song, but im having problems with the arrangement and instrumentation. I think the organ sound is coo ,but it plays so many notes that you almost lose the vocal melody. The drums are a bit uninspired and the sound is a bit dull. The song feels a little country and the clashes with the music. I would probably arrange it a little more country music with guitar, the organ further back and maybe dubble the pace. At the same time,  you lose that feeling of lofi which is still appealing some how. Difficult. The drums needs to be fixed in my ears. Great vocals as usual.
eggs
 :)

A lot of good information. I have to read it again at a later stage. Here I play on my digital drums but I understand that the drums still are not that exciting. Will ask for help from "real drummer", at a later stage.

Nice to "see" you here again Julianna and great joy to hear your magnificent voice. Lovely melody and harmonies which give me some vibes of Dylan's I shall be released. Like the arragement, perhaps the Wurlitzer should be more restrained since it take some focus from the vocal. Improvised parts could be spared to a solo part. Nevertheless nice co-lab and a great song. Congrats!

Sorry to say that I have taken over some of the parts where Julianna have been singing. But I hope ske can do vocals again when her soar throat is recovered.
« Senast ändrad: 02.02.2012, 12:47:29 by MaxB »

Utloggad BaconMcMuffin

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 101
  • Better known as "Julianna"
    • Visa profil
    • Julianna's music on soundclick.com
God morgon, min vänner!

Yes, it's been a long time, hasn't it?  I've been very busy with other projects lately, but when Max sent this, I heard Gospel.  And while I'm not at all religious, I do love to sing gospel.  Very strange, i know, but there you are. And by the way, EQ... You should hear "I Shall Be Released" from the gospel choir Bob Dylan Tribute Album ("The Brothers and Sisters sing Bob Dylan", I think)--- it's amazing.

Thank you for all the kind comments, I will do this as Max instructs once I'm feeling better.  Must get this cold out of my nose and throat first, though.  Might be a week or so. This was the last thing I sang before the cold hit me. :)
The human theremin.

Utloggad Eddi

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
    • WideWorld & Friends
I kind of like that voicemix - it works - but MaxB you cant swollow the endword in the frase.

I still think this also can be a modern hit with an other arr. new drums and other sounds on the keyboard but the organ still pass good its timeless I think.

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
I kind of like that voicemix - it works - but MaxB you cant swollow the endword in the frase.

I still think this also can be a modern hit with an other arr. new drums and other sounds on the keyboard but the organ still pass good its timeless I think.

I couldn't or shouldn't?  Not sure what you're aiming at?  :huh:

I've been talking to a real drummer tha might like to do the drumpart in a week or two. So what we have here is like a framework of what it can be when it evolves. The guitar will eventually be more tight and better played.

Should the track go faster? It is now 75 bpm...
« Senast ändrad: 02.02.2012, 21:52:06 by MaxB »

Utloggad Eddi

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
    • WideWorld & Friends

I couldn't or shouldn't?  Not sure what you're aiming at?  :huh:

I've been talking to a real drummer tha might like to do the drumpart in a week or two. So what we have here is like a framework of what it can be when it evolves. The guitar will eventually be more tight and better played.

Should the track go faster? It is now 75 bpm...

Yes - shouldnt - not faster
« Senast ändrad: 04.02.2012, 12:56:13 by Eddi »

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Oki faster you say, Eddi, we'll see. Still thinking...
We've got a real bassplayer practicing on the track this weekend and I think/hope he can help me with the dynamics in the track, as well. I've allready got a suggestion that it should begin easy, maybe with an accoustic guitarr and drums (use the snares rim) and from there building something up.

Winter is looking good from my point of view
« Senast ändrad: 04.02.2012, 14:27:21 by MaxB »

Utloggad Harmonica mike

• The one and only
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 5 469
  • Frequency listening poet
    • Visa profil
Faster,why?

Ok,if you want to ruin the fragile feeling do it faster,thát´s my opinion.The idea you are serving right above is brilliant.Soft drums,acoustic guitarr..Why not use that for the rest?
Maybe hammond or a piano to support the guitarr..And Julianna singing - magic.

Mike
« Senast ändrad: 04.02.2012, 12:52:52 by Harmonica mike »

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Faster,why?
Ok,if you want to ruin the fragile feeling do it faster,thát´s my opinion.The idea you are serving right above is brilliant.Soft drums,acoustic guitarr..Why not use that for the rest?
Maybe hammond or a piano to support the guitarr..And Julianna singing - magic.
Mike

Thanks HM for sharing your thoughts. I don't want to ruin the feeling and while practising some simple powerchord it is obvious that it should remain in 75 bpm.

I'd like to mention that it really feels strange to have a crashed laptop-computer.
Some files at partition D: had no backup and are gone forever, the way I see it. But when the computer didn't start (uses WinXP at partition C:) I was more than worried. I now use ERD Commander to copy important files from that old partition C: to a USB-harddrive - to rescue what can be rescued. At some files it stops av says Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Well, I have another laptop that belongs to my mini-magitron that has to do some sacrifice. I now use this because I can't be without a computer in the house, can I?

Utloggad hogge

• Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 2 353
  • Family Guy!
    • Visa profil
Shit do I need to use English in this one..
It will be a really short statement then: I like this tune.. It's a nice song and Juliannas voice fits the song like a glove. Love the harmonies etc. suits the song as a fläskläpp..
A song to fall asleep until after a In Flames concert  :P

Nice work!!!
HOGGEZ ORKESTEr http://www.facebook.com/hoggez

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
It will be a really short statement then: I like this tune.. It's a nice song and Juliannas voice fits the song like a glove. Love the harmonies etc. suits the song as a fläskläpp..

Nice work!!!

Tnx Hogge! The fläskläpp-part was absolutely the best!  :lol:

Utloggad hogge

• Legend
  • Family Guy!
    • Visa profil

Nice work!!!

Tnx Hogge! The fläskläpp-part was absolutely the best!  :lol:

:lol:
HOGGEZ ORKESTEr http://www.facebook.com/hoggez

Utloggad BaconMcMuffin

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 101
  • Better known as "Julianna"
    • Visa profil
    • Julianna's music on soundclick.com
I had to translate "fläskläpp"....

And then I giggled.   :lol:
The human theremin.

Utloggad hogge

• Legend
  • Family Guy!
    • Visa profil

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
A new recording from yesterday - still under construction, without Juliannas voice. She will have time to give this track attention later in februari. Meanwhile I will try to find things I like to do with the instruments. I like the choir in the last part. Think that can work out great arranged in the right manner.

[mp3=200,20,0,left]http://max.shivas.se/music/MaxB_Matteman_AccessToTheTimeportal_20120206.mp3[/mp3]
« Senast ändrad: 06.02.2012, 11:50:27 by MaxB »

Utloggad Wernborg

• Administrator
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 8 449
    • Visa profil
  • Soundcloud: Wernborg
Introriffet är riktigt bra. Tror det skulle vara ännu snyggare om du renodlade det något och förenklade samt kanske spela med slide?

Väldigt bra melodi och låt detta. Gillar inte arret dock. Elpianot tycker jag inte tillför så mycket egentligen, då det är väldigt (för enkelt) spelat. Solot gör du bättre på gitarr. Det har även ett murrigt ljud och slåss i samma område där du redan har gitarr och melotron/stråk. Kanske räcker det att backa pianot och öka gitarren?

Sen blir man ju lite bortskämd när Juli sjungt en gång. (Har lyssnat på bådas sånginsatser)

Trummorna hör jag inte riktigt i den senaste versionen, men i första var dom lite torfiga. Jag tycker dina trummor brukar låta betydligt bättre när du kör Drumcore istället för AD-demon.

(Julianna får nöja sig med googles översättning av sidan  :D)