Kontrollrummet

Julianna, VacUm, Solskugga, equality - Footprints

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 6 390
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
I had a nice co-lab with Julianna on a tune called Confidence and I wondered if we could do something else. Sol Skugga had already made up an English translation on Stigar. I asked her if she agreed on letting us record her lyrics. And she did. I have used the same backing as on the Swedish version with VacUm, which is
here: http://www.kontrollrummet.com/forum/index.php?topic=7886.0

LÅTNAMN: Footprints
ARTIST/GRUPP: Julianna, VacUm, Sol Skugga, equality
GENRE: visa
LÅTLÄNGD: 05:14
KOMPOSITÖR: equality
PRODUCENT: equality
MEDVERKANDE: vocal: Julianna Mc Duffie, piano, drums, bass: VacUm, guitar: equality english lyrics: Sol Vikström
INSPELNINGSÅR: 2007, 2008 och 2010
FORMAT: mp3

LÄNK: Footprints

IF I TURN, I'LL SEE MY FOOTPRINTS
SHY OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR
THE DOORSTEP THAT I LEFT - NOT LONG AGO
AND IF I COME THIS WAY AGAIN
I'LL VISIT YOU FOR SURE
AND BIRDS WILL SING AS THEY DO NOW
OUR LONELY LULLABY
AND BIRDS WILL SING AS I DO NOW
YOUR ONLY LULLABY

----
YOU GAVE ME ALL THOSE THINGS
I COULDN’T DARE TO DREAM
TOGETHER AS TIME EMBRACED THIS SOIL
PURE LOVE - ETERNAL HOURS
EMBODIED IN OUR GLOW
WE MELTED ALL THE MOON WHITE SNOW
TO FEED THE SPRINGTIME LEAVES
YOUR WARMTH RELEASED MY FROZEN SOUL
AND IT ECHOES ON THE BREEZE

----

BUT AS THE TIME DREW OLDER, OUR FATE DREW OLDER TOO
THE SKIES WENT DARK, AND FORTUNE CHANGED ITS MIND
THE WEAK BECAME THE HARDEST
GOOD HARVEST TURNED TO HATE
OUR HOME BECAME A FRAGILE REALM
AND LOVE OUR SECRET PAIN
I FORGOT TO SPEAK YOUR NAME
AND WE LIVED ON IN SHAME

BRIDGE

YES YEARS WENT BY AND LEFT US
WITH DEATH AND MISERY
PEOPLE FOUGHT FOR POWER AND FOR GOLD
AS YOU STOOD DEFIANTLY
I COULDN'T SAVE YOUR SOUL
THEY SAY YOUR EYES WERE STRONG AND PROUD
AS ONCE OUR SWEET LOVE WAS
THEY SAY AS ROSES DARK AND RED
THE BLOOD UPON YOUR BED
----
I FIND MY WAY THROUGH THESE DEEP WOODS
STILL HIDING IN THE DARK
I KEEP YOUR NAME AWAY FROM THOSE WHO FIGHT
AND WHEN THE WAR IS OVER
I'LL GIVE YOUR GRAVE A MARK
AND IT WILL TELL OF WARMTH AND GRACE
AS WELL AS SOLITUDE
ALTHOUGH LONELY NOW AM I
MY HEART LIVES STILL WITH YOU

BRIDGE

IF I TURN, I'LL SEE MY FOOTPRINTS
SHY OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR
THE DOORSTEP THAT I LEFT - NOT LONG AGO
AND IF I COME THIS WAY AGAIN
I'LL VISIT YOU FOR SURE
AND BIRDS WILL SING AS THEY DO NOW
OUR LONELY LULLABY
AND BIRDS WILL SING AS I DO NOW
YOUR ONLY LULLABY
« Senast ändrad: 24.04.2010, 00:37:41 by equality »
'There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money either.' Robert Graves

Utloggad Dividend

• Elvis
    • Antal inlägg: 10 256
  • Den som noterar musik, använder inte gitarr!
    • Visa profil
Mycket nice.. DEn här har jag väntat på :)

Återkommer senare ;)
https://soundcloud.com/user7789882

Utloggad Emulator

• - - -
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 8 489
    • Visa profil
Länken till låten skulle ju sitta bra.
https://soundcloud.com/secondary-protocol

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
Länken till låten skulle ju sitta bra.

=rubriken till texten.
'There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money either.' Robert Graves

Utloggad Emulator

• - - -
  • Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
Oh, now I see the link :)  YOu rally got to get yourself a server one of these days eq, for several reasons :)

Well, no real nits. Vocals and guitars are excellent. It is always nice to hear a new lyrics or a new singer on an old song, it sort of redirects the song totally.

On a personal note:
The song is best with just the guitar. In the beginning it is a intimate, genuine song, with tons of emotions. The simplicity of the arrangement highlights the message the song conveys.
When piano and drums kicks in, it is transformed from a geniune unique piece into some standard "nice" song.

I think it spoils the feeling Im afraid. Knowing how pissed you got the last time, Im thinking you wont like me now either, but Ill stick to it ;)

Could you do a special version for me with that wonderful guitar and Frau Bacons equally wonderful vox on?

asti

• Gäst
Great vocal performance to this wonderful song! Your voice reminds me of a bit of Joni Mitchell and a bit of Jennifer Warnes.
For me this is one of Eq's best songs and now you have made it complete! Thank you!
/Asti

Utloggad martinm

• List-etta
    • Antal inlägg: 684
  • What you hear is what you get
    • Visa profil
  • Soundcloud: osbreborn
Verkligen skön lyssning. Gillar blandningen av svensk folkmusikkänsla och jazz.
Associationen till Joni Mitchell dök upp ganska snabbt även i mitt huvud.
 :P
Mina projekt 'the fat martin' och 'Herr Hundhufvud Metal Orchestra' kan man hitta på Spotify, Youtube o typ alla andra streamingtjänster. Var unik o lyssna idag - nästan ingen annan gör det.

Utloggad Wernborg

• Administrator
  • Johnny Cash
    • Antal inlägg: 8 449
    • Visa profil
  • Soundcloud: Wernborg
Mmm really nice piece.

The guitar is perfect, the piano beatuiful in its jazzy simplicity. The drums, hmmm, after a few rounds I get used to them.  :wacko: And when the bridge arrive, both earlier mentioned Mitchell and also Bruce Hornsby come to mind. Julianna does a wonderful job with the song as well.

If I shall come up with some  criticts, it is that the guitar isn't always perfectly on the beat. But it is a hard piece to play, very active arrangement so.... Well done!!!

Bra bra!!!

Utloggad BaconMcMuffin

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 101
  • Better known as "Julianna"
    • Visa profil
    • Julianna's music on soundclick.com
What a nice surprise to wake up to and have coffee with!   Thanks everyone!  The mix sounds great EQ!  And yeah... I was thinking about Joni while I sang it.  Especially the parts I made up as I went along!   :D  "Hi-di-diiii!"

J
The human theremin.

clavinova

• Gäst
Very nice tune indeed! I liked the 70's atmosphere, minds me of those days. Well done, both of you.

BTW, I like when the character changes slightly with the drums and piano, kind of evolving...

And EQ, I'm very jealous of your guitarsound and playing!

Utloggad Dividend

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
My only critique at the moment, is that it sounds to much like country :unsure:

Maybe that is what you are aiming for, and that is alright (I like some country).. I will have to listen more..

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
Emu: I wasn't really pissed, more surprised since the guitar is quite monotonous and since VacUms piano playing was sensitive and really added something to the backing in my ears. I guess the tune could be arranged differently with e g more medieval instruments. I really want to re-record the guitar with a slight different chord progression and some corrections just hoping that the rest of the instruments fit. I respect your consistency and I would gladly send you a version with just guitar and Mrs McDuffie's beatiful vocals but only with those corrections.
asti: Very nice words there! Thanks a lot!
martinm: Stort tack. Jag har alltid varit ett stort Mitchell-fan utom kanske under hennes mest jazziga period.
Wernis: I hope to re-record the guitar some day. Drums are a bit monotonous but I guess the beat is right (2-4-2-4...)? I am not yhay sure they add that much. Thnx W!
clavinova: Thanks but the guitar playing here is just on the margin what I can accomplish and yet I am heading for another suicidal take...  :blink:
Dividend: But it's not tradional country and western music you are thinking of I guess? Seems what's called country nowadays could include a bunch of styles (including rock). Perhaps it's the drum, american english and finger-picking that make it sound like c & w?

Utloggad Dividend

• Elvis
    • Visa profil
Country is a broad concept.

Although the piano takes the tune somewhere else, it doesn't feel like a "visa" anymore.. But that is okay, I really like the piano. The song would be worse of without it, if we're talking country-ness. ;)

Now, the vocals are nice, the guitarplaying, performance, mix , everything is nice. I will write something more useful if I am able later on..

Utloggad stajo

• List-etta
    • Antal inlägg: 985
    • Visa profil
I really liked this song before and i do not like it less now :), playing it over and over again, can't stop ;).
This became something else, this became very good.
www.myspace.com/staffanjonsson

Utloggad Emulator

• - - -
  • Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
Emu: I wasn't really pissed, more surprised since the guitar is quite monotonous and since VacUms piano playing was sensitive and really added something to the backing in my ears. I guess the tune could be arranged differently with e g more medieval instruments. I really want to re-record the guitar with a slight different chord progression and some corrections just hoping that the rest of the instruments fit. I respect your consistency and I would gladly send you a version with just guitar and Mrs McDuffie's beatiful vocals but only with those corrections.
asti: Very nice words there! Thanks a lot!
martinm: Stort tack. Jag har alltid varit ett stort Mitchell-fan utom kanske under hennes mest jazziga period.
Wernis: I hope to re-record the guitar some day. Drums are a bit monotonous but I guess the beat is right (2-4-2-4...)? I am not yhay sure they add that much. Thnx W!
clavinova: Thanks but the guitar playing here is just on the margin what I can accomplish and yet I am heading for another suicidal take...  :blink:
Dividend: But it's not tradional country and western music you are thinking of I guess? Seems what's called country nowadays could include a bunch of styles (including rock). Perhaps it's the drum, american english and finger-picking that make it sound like c & w?

Of course it adds :)  And with the english lyrics that are slightly off the medieval feel, I dont object to the current arrangement as much as with the previous take.
But a special mix would anyway be welcome -and I think you even should release it here :)

And, yeah, you werent so angry with me I know, but we need the drama, right? :lol:

great colab non the less, really good on all levels, from all involved.

back to my drums now. :)

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
stajo: Julianna is California's (Schwarzenegger's?) gift to Swedish home studio nerds.  :P She is great. Thanks!

And, yeah, you werent so angry with me I know, but we need the drama, right? :lol:

You're right, we all need some tension in our lives. Makes it more colourful and not just in shades of grey. AND as we speak about it I do remember I was furious about your criticism, took me years to even look at the guitar again, spent a fortune on shrinks and booze...  -_-
:D

Utloggad Emulator

• - - -
  • Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
Did i mention I hold great numbers of shares
in those markets?

Utloggad Marruschkka

• Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 2 677
  • Är det bra så är jag på!
    • Visa profil
Fantastic interpretation of Julianna here, now she sounds a little like Joni Mitchell  :rolleyes:

Jag måste säja att jag tycker lika bra om din egen tolkning Eq..och texten..texten..makalöst fin bara, som jag kan tycka tappar lite i sensitivitet när den översätts, och din varma stämma till går verkligen inte av för hackor heller  :P

Båda två är mina favoriter, som finns i min "best-of kr"-mapp nu.

Marre
https://soundcloud.com/tokstollan

Utloggad BaconMcMuffin

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 101
  • Better known as "Julianna"
    • Visa profil
    • Julianna's music on soundclick.com
For the record, EQ... I LOVE when the drums come in - that's where I had the most fun when recording - feeling the change!  Why are you even listening to that crazy Emu?!?!?!   ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)   Emu knows I'm joking, everyone...

And it's straight-up folk in my book.  Doesn't have a country feel at all - I find that country is very dependant on the drum patterns...(not to mention a lap steel guitar, country harmonies, and a "twang" accent) and this is not country.   I probably wouldn't have done it if it was.  I AM *from* Ohio, where Country is King - but, I can't stand it.  Besides... This song doesn't even *mention* a truck, a dog, a bar....    ;)
The human theremin.

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
Marre: Tusen tack M!  :wub:

Utloggad Kon-Trollet

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 479
  • - ljudgud -
    • Visa profil
vacker sång , lite melankolisk musik- väldigt brittiskt på nåt vis....
Gitarren får mig att tänka på John Martyn.
 :)

Utloggad egghuvud

• eggsalterande
  • Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 2 793
    • Visa profil
Ljuvligt. Är svag för den där stilen på gitarr som jag inte alls behärskar själv. Tycker att mixen är klar och bra. HAr inget att klaga på alls faktiskt.

And the vocals are lovley, really good. Its fun to hear you in such different songs, your voice just grows with every listening.  :)

Utloggad MaxB

• Elvis
    • Antal inlägg: 16 855
    • Visa profil
    • http://elvshand.shivas.se
  • Soundcloud: gitarr
Vicket vackert!
Jag lever i dået nu och är ingen kändis. Det är min Mini-Magitron - på Google

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick

Stort tack! Jag får kolla upp John Martyn.

asti

• Gäst

Stort tack! Jag får kolla upp John Martyn.

Ja, gör det! Speciellt låten "May you never"!  :wub:

Utloggad robc

• Talang
    • Antal inlägg: 138
    • Visa profil

Utloggad spacetrucker

• Legend
    • Antal inlägg: 2 297
  • Anything too stupid to be said, is sung.
    • Visa profil
    • Kurpitsa
Vackert... Enchanting... I am spellbound :wub:

Space
Life is too short to remove USB safely

Utloggad equality

• Johnny Cash
    • Visa profil
    • SoundClick
asti: Jag lyssnade på den. Jättefin. Schysst gitarrlir. Tack för tipset.
robc: Stort tack! Jag kan inte ta åt mig hela äran. Hoppas VacUm och Solskuggan kikar in här och där också.
spacetrucker: -On behalf of the group, I hope we passed the audition, som Lennon sa efter konserten på Apples tak.  :rolleyes:
Stort tack Sapce!